Saturday, December 4, 2010

Protecting Cats From Cancer

Article Body:
Cancer does not just affect human beings, cats is also prone on the ill affects of this deadly disease. I have a cat who is referred to as Pip and in this article I will be writing about my families experience in protecting her from cancer, which the vet has informed us, has ultimately saved and prolonged her life.

Pip is often a beautiful and loving cat and is very much component of our family. She is treated like our third baby and has what we hope being a extremely pleased and comfortable life.

I were surrounded my animals for most of my life as my parents run an animal sanctuary inside Birmingham area of England. I have learnt quite a lot about these numerous animals and have a certain adore of cats and dogs.

Pip herself is ninety-five percent white in colour, another 5 percent is black. I am aware that cats which are mainly white are basically at a higher risk of catching a type of skin cancer than other cats. In the summer Pip would usually love to sunbathe, basking inside the sun. I would make sure that I put sun cream on her, mainly around her ears and tried to encourage to sleep a lot more inside shaded areas of our garden. Pip is nonetheless quite stubborn and insisted on resting out in the shade.

Over the years I would check Pip out at normal intervals and 1 day seen that she had some smaller black spots in and around her ears. These spots had not been there the last time I had checked her over and consequently I decided to take her for the vets. I felt confident that everything would be fine but just wanted to produce sure.

The vet examined Pip and looked incredibly worried. He told us that Pip had a type of pre-cancer and that the only way that she would survive, in his opinion, would be to have her ears amputated.

This was quite sad but we realised that inside a way we had no choice. This all happened four years ago and Pip is nevertheless going strong today, unaware of how close she was to losing her life. The vet has said that if I had not checked her out and brought her in to be examined that the cancer would have spread and that Pip would have only lived for around 3 to six months.

My guidance for anyone who includes a cat as being a pet, specifically if they're white in colour, is to verify the cat each week or so and should you spot something out of the ordinary, to take in them for the vets.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More